SONICSERT® – thread inserts for ultrasonic installation
After-moulding insertion into plastic parts bears many benefits:
- Shorter injection cycles and thus lower manufacturing costs for plastic components
- Safe, stress-free anchorage
- High pull-out and torsion values
- Any repeated screwing as opposed to self-forming screws
ask about this productMake an inquiry
- Product characteristics
- Installation procedures
SONICSERT® ultrasonic installation
- Ideal for thermoplastic components
- Insertion by ultrasonic installation
Upon ultrasonic installation, the plastic is liquified so that it can flow into the undercut of the SONICSERT® thread insert. Upon cooling, a low-stress interference is realised.
- Suitable for thermoplastic parts
- Especially designed for ultrasonic installation
- Screw-locked and low-tension anchoring
- High pull-out values
- Type 0730 can be installed from both sides.
- Advantages for automatic feed, since no directional orientation is required.
The SONICSERT® thread insert is installed with common ultrasonic welders. Upon welding, the plastic material is plasticised by ultrasonic vibrations and flows into the undercuts of the thread insert. Upon cooling, a low-stress interference is realised.